Sunday, January 30, 2011

Lots of things accomplished...none of which were on the list

This has been happening a good bit in 2011. I have a list of things I set out to do ....I get sooooo much done and am so proud of myself, until I go to check items off my list and low and behold:
all of these things I accomplished? no where to be found on the list.

This week I set out to clean my house, finish the appliques for my Hugs'n'Kisses quilt, reorganize my closet ( something I knew was more than one weeks task), finish my blocks for the first week of Blockapalooza, exercise everyday, and finish my Valentine's gifts.

What I actually accomplished?
I cleaned my house ( minus my art room), got a great start on the closet ( so far so good right?...ha!), went to the same grocery store twice because the first time I got so distracted with sales and got in a hurry that I completely left like 7 things off the list! Worked out like 2 days...Helped my soon to be sister in law pick out her wedding dress ( that was fun)! and finished one block (out of two) for the Blockapalooza....what's missing? a whole lotta sewing and a whole lotta blogging, and a good bit of working out!

Forget New Year's Resolutions....I gotta a New Week Resolution: get more than half of the things on my list crossed off! And I don't mean half of a task ...I mean half of the list. Maybe I should shoot for most of the list , but I'm just gonna start with baby steps. I'll let you know how that works out for me, lol!

So as for the one thing I actually got to sew? Here is my first block:

Hopefully in less than 24 hours I will be posting the second block and maybe a Valentine's gift or two?


No comments:

Post a Comment